(FORT WORTH, Texas – August 15, 2017) — Care N’ Care announced today that 31 of its affiliated physicians have achieved 5 STARs recognition for their outstanding quality performance in 2016. By achieving five stars, these physicians contributed to the overall star rating for Care N’ Care and, most importantly, strongly reflect the commitment its physicians and members have to maintaining good health through health screenings and appropriate care management.
Each year Care N’ Care identifies a select number of clinical measures to monitor over the coming calendar year. These metrics are some of the same used in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid’s Five-Star program, which strives to objectively measure all Medicare Advantage plans nationwide. For calendar year 2016 the eight metrics monitored by Care N’ Care were colorectal cancer screening, breast cancer screening, BMI measurement, eye exams for diabetics, HbA1c control for diabetics, kidney disease monitoring for diabetics, osteoporosis management in women with a fracture, and rheumatoid arthritis management.
“As part of this program, Care N’ Care members are encouraged to contact their primary care physician to be sure they receive appropriate screenings throughout the year,” said Care N’ Care CEO Wendy Karsten. “We also work with the physician offices to obtain claims data and/or medical records for our review. That makes this truly a collaborative effort, meaning that it is not just the physicians but their office staffs and our members whom we honor with the 5 STARs performance.”
The physicians honored by Care N’ Care for 2016 performance are:
- From Medical Clinics of North Texas: Atiq Budhani, D.O.; Shailendra N. Chavda, M.D.; Jodie P. Dejecacion, M.D.; Jennifer Duewall, M.D.; Virginia Y. Gonzalez, M.D.; Stephanie J. Hiraki, D.O.; Ryan F. Jones, M.D.; Susan Overstreet, M.D.; Brittany Shoemake, M.D.; and Imran Solaiman, M.D.
- From Texas Health Physician Group: Ghufran Ahmed, M.D.; Eliazar G. Alvarez, M.D.; William R. Boone, D.O.; Judith G. Erickson, M.D.; Jack A. Maxwell, D.O.; Samuel C. Miller, M.D.; Heil M. Niemi, M.D.; Que Thu L. Pravong, D.O.; Bane L. Smith, M.D.; Richard P. Townsend, M.D.; and Tearani J. Williams, M.D.
- From Catalyst Health Network: Abel Garduno, M.D.; Sander J. Gothard, M.D.; and Christopher S. Hall, M.D.
- From Family Healthcare Associates: Karla R. Dick, D.O., and Maria A. Fawcett, M.D.
- From Jefferson Physicians Group: Obiora Ekweani, M.D.
- From Medical Specialists Associated Group: Neal L. Sklaver, M.D.
- Individual Physicians: Carlos A. Japas, M.D.; Basanti R. Vrushab, M.D.; and Edward L. Baker, D.O.
“We applaud these physicians for their ongoing commitment to exceptional quality of care, and we are looking forward to honoring even more great doctors in 2018,” said Karsten.
Care N’ Care is a local Medicare Advantage health plan providing North Texas Medicare beneficiaries in Tarrant, Johnson, Dallas, Collin, Denton, Rockwall and parts of Parker County affordable alternatives that improve and simplify Medicare coverage. With both PPO and HMO health plans, Care N’ Care offers all of the traditional benefits included in original Medicare plus additional benefits and services, including a personal Customer Experience Team to serve as the single point of contact and trusted partner throughout the members’ healthcare experience. For more information about Care N’ Care and its Medicare Advantage health plans, call 877-665-2622 or visit cnchealthplan.com.
# # #