Texas to open COVID-19 vaccination to all adults March 29
COVID Vaccine Information
Executive Order 34, Relating To The Opening Of Texas In Response To The COVID-19 Disaster
Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
DART Continues Requirement for Face Masks on Public Transit
Fort Worth Updated Occupancy Reductions
December 3, 2020 NOTICE: COVID-19 hospitalizations for Trauma Service Area E triggers mandatory capacity reductions.
Face Covering Requirement for the State of Texas - Effective July 3rd
Face Covering Requirement for the State of Texas – Effective July 3rd
Governor Abbott Takes Executive Action To Contain Spread Of COVID-19 - Amended order as of June 26, 2020
Free Virtual Events
- Chinese New Year: Virtual Workshop
- Greggs Virtual Magic Show
- Valentine’s Chocolate Strawberries- Free Workshop
- Valentine’s Chocolate Donuts- Free Workshop
- Free Virtual Bingo
- Free Virtual- Inspire Breathwork
- Lunch-Time Series-Jazz Concert
- The Tubman Story: Harriet’s Fight for Human Rights-Go beyond the history books on a deeper dive into the life and work of Harriet Tubman in this expert-led
- Feed Your Brain Masterclass-Learn simple, smart, scientifically-proven ways to reduce your dementia risk in this free one-hour webinar
- EGYPT aLIVE!: An Exhilarating Virtual Tour of The Land of The Pharaohs
Locations offering Special Senior Shopping Hours
- Reserved 2 hours every Tuesday and Thursday’s for seniors to shop. Check local store for hours.
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays, ALDI stores will open at 8:30 a.m. and reserve the first hour of business for vulnerable shoppers. This includes senior citizens, expectant mothers and those with underlying health concerns.
- Big Lot’s
- Offering “Senior Hour” The first hour of each day is reserved for senior citizens (65 and over) to shop. Check your local store for hours. Some stores have adjusted their normal business hours to follow state and local restrictions.
- Costco Wholesale Club
- Twice-weekly senior hour from 8 – 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays for members 60 and older.
- Dollar General
- First hour of opening is for Seniors Only Shopping.
- Sam’s Club
- Special Shopping Hours & Concierge Service
Starting Thursday, March 26, Sam’s Club locations nationwide will offer early shopping hours every Tuesday and Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. for seniors and those with disabilities or compromised immune systems. This includes our Pharmacy and Optical Centers and will last until further notice.
During special shopping hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., these members can shop Sam’s Club without ever leaving their car. From a designated parking location, members in need can place their order from their car. Then, a Sam’s Club associate will grab the items on the list, and the member will use Scan & Go to check out.
- Special Shopping Hours & Concierge Service
- The first hour of opening every Wednesday. Check your local store for opening hours.
- Trader Joe’s
- Every day between 9:00am and 10:00am, Crew Members will maintain an additional line outside the front door for senior customers. This will ensure those in need will have an expedited entrance to the store to help make the experience a more positive one. check local store hours.
- March 24-April 28, an hour long senior shopping event every Tuesday from 8 – 9 a.m. for customers 60 and over.
- Seniors-only hour is 8-9 am every Tuesday.
Food Pantry Information
- City of Duncanville – Free Meals for Seniors
- While the D.L. Hopkins Jr., Senior Center is closed due to the COVID-19, free hot lunches will still be provided to seniors age 60 and older. Residents who are age 60+ can sign up for free hot lunches, Monday through Friday, by calling 972-707-3843. Meals are picked up at the Senior Center drive thru, but you must call two business days in advance to add your name to the list.
- Manna Storehouse – Parker County
- Anyone from Parker County who is in need of groceries, whether registered with Manna or not, can call Manna at 817-599-6569, between 11 am and 1pm Monday-Friday, to arrange to come by and get groceries.
- North Texas Food Bank
- Tarrant County Food Pantry
Locate Various Assistance Programs In Your Area
Find food assistance, help paying bills, and other free or reduced cost programs, including new programs for the COVID-19 pandemic. Many organizations, including non-profits and neighborhood groups, are helping people affected by COVID-19 all across the country. Just enter your zip code to find local programs to help you get food if you can’t afford it, bill payment assistance and other programs that serve your area. Find help